Clinic is for players aged 4 or 5 years (2013 and 2014 birth years). Clinic is the perfect introduction to soccer for young players. It meets for an hour each Saturday (12:30 – 1:30 pm) at the Brewster school fields, and is dedicated to skills, fun, and sportsmanship. Registration includes 8-10 sessions in the Fall and 8-10 sessions in the Spring. In addition, the Fall sessions will be run by a professional trainer from Player’s Eye Soccer. Each session will include both practice and scrimmage. Practices are devoted to teaching soccer skills (see below) through fun games and activities.
Clinic players should learn to:
- Dribble with inside of foot
- Keep head up during dribble
- Keep ball close
- Change direction on dribble (45 degrees)
- Stop dribble using bottom of foot
- Get in front of player with ball